Garden schedule web site

Hi,

I'm looking for a gardening website that will tell me what I should be doing that month in my garden. Is there such a beast?

Thanks, Ed Stuart

Reply to
Ed Stuart

Lots of them. It all depends on where you live.

For example, a gardening center, or a store with a gardening center might have one like Fred Meyer's in the Pacific Northwest:

your state or county extension office may have one, like Oregon State University in Oregon:
the local newspaper publishes a monthly calendar.

And for some regions, you can find entire books dedicated to this concept:

are similar resources for just about anywhere. These will help you out if you happen to be in Oregon or Washington, but if you're somewhere else, you'll want to find something similar for where you are. It shouldn't be too hard to find.

Reply to
Warren

or you can call you County exension agent and have them send you the monthy news letter, or,as in my case, my county has a web site so i get the information on line and copy it off to my data base for each month so each month i have it handy in the data base. leo

Reply to
Lee

If you live in the western U.S., try Sunset magazine. Their Web site is . I don't know if they do it online, but I know their hardcopy magazine always has monthly lists of tasks distinguished by regions.

Reply to
David Ross

Content on the Sunset website is only available to Sunset magazine subscribers, and to AOL subscribers.

Reply to
Warren

Southern Living has the same sort of feature in their magazine each month.

I have the first Victory Garden book, which is organized by month. Since VG is in Boston and I'm in Virginia, I just adjust the timelines a month forward in spring and a month back in fall.

Reply to
Frogleg