ivy

I am looking for a tough ivy that can take a nearly 45 degree slope in zone 4a (Minneapolis). I tried baltic ivy last year, which, admittedly is on the bubble here and it all died. I got it free from my Mom, who dug it up from her yard although putting it in was kind of a pain, which I hope not to repeat too many more times. I could try it again, since I may have put it in too late...not enough water or some other fault on my part. Or I could try something with more probability of success. Some names that have popped up: boston ivy, engelmann ivy, virginia creeper. Any opinions? Or other ideas?

mm

Reply to
mmarteen

gregpresley