I have 2 massive pots to fill and i don't know what with?

We have just moved house and the previous owners have left us with these enormous pots and we just don't know what to fill them with? Can anyone make any good and perhaps unusual suggestions? Many Thanks

+-------------------------------------------------------------------+ |Filename: pots.jpg | |Download:
Tempest

are hidious... they certainly do nothing to enhance the archetecture of that building. I'd donate them to a cemetery, they may be appropriate for a mausoleum to display a cremation urn.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

They look like they are already filled. Wait till whatever that is starts growing. Shouldn't be long.

Reply to
despen

Oh, they aren't THAT bad. The overall lines of the pots only get bad when one gets to that silly little pedestal bit at the bottom. Bury that part in the ground and they would be acceptable. If the colour is what is bothersome then that can be taken care if with a pot of paint after a good scrubbing.

As for what to fill them with, that depends on what you will be planting. Potting mixtures and quantities will vary all over the map. I'm not a fan of huge plants in pots but small plants in a huge pot look silly too. Probably a plant which is at least as large as the pot (or a bit bigger) is a good balance. Any gardening centre should be able to provide a suitable potting mixture if you tell them what you intent to plant.

Reply to
John McGaw

Beer in the left, mead in the right.

David