I do not need to view all this!!!!!!!!

I have reported all this crap on google groups. I join groups to learn and talk to others. Guess what.........I looked for a very long time for a group that does not waste my time! Your group or whoever started this better clean it up! Like I said all these groups will be shut down! Im tired of this shit!!!!

Reply to
tammieallison

Your post title is correct. Everything else useless.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

Agreed, thi what is written sounds like some dictatorship, or censorship, or worse.. At least severe narcisoid..

Reply to
Powerless Agronomist

One could only hope that googlegroups would be denied permanent access to usenet.

Bill

-- Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Reply to
Bill

On 1 Jun 2006 13:07:17 -0700 in , " snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca" graced the world with this thought:

What in the hell are you talking about, anyway?

God forbid that your time would be wasted. You might find something better to do with it, like working on your social skills.

Reply to
bizbee

Usenet without a good Usenet reader is madness. Google "news reader" and explore our options.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

"Shut down" by whom? This is a usenet group. Google/groups is only a public archive, and has no control whatever over the existence, or content, of usenet groups. Of course, if you haven't realised that yet, you have indeed been wasting your own time on "these groups" (whatever they are).

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

I smell a troll.

Reply to
Bill R

It would be nice to know what the hell you are crying about. But, again, who cares? Get Lost!

Reply to
Freckles

Good for you! Did they openly ridicule you, or just ignore your "report".

Somebody needs to calm down, take a chill-pill, and understand the reality of what usenet is. There is no "shut down". Can't be done without shutting down the internet itself -- and even then we'd find a way to keep it going.

I've been actively participating in usenet since 1987 (close to 2 decades now). I see no indication of anything in the NNTP family of protocols that allows some J. Random Luser to simply "report" something and have it shut down. Good luck on that one! Report back here and let us know how it's going.

Reply to
Sgt.Sausage

I use an excellent one. Googlegroup posts don't even show up here unless someone replies to one.

Bill

-- Gmail and Google Groups. This century's answer to AOL and WebTV.

Reply to
Bill

Exactly what are you talking about? And, google has no control over newsgroups.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Can you suggest a good newsreader?

William Wagner wrote:

Reply to
higgledy

I use MT-Newswatcher on my little Mac.

Donation Ware.

If you use a PC a search for newsreader will give you choices.

Bill

Reply to
William Wagner

" snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.ca" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@i39g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

um, Tammie dear, get a grip. then go get a real newsreader with filter capability & learn to use it. Google groups is a gateway service. they do not have any control over who posts what where. Usenet is, and always has been anarchy. oh, and having histronics & threatening trolls only makes them worse, so just ignore them. welcome to usenet, BTW. lee

Reply to
enigma

"higgledy" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@h76g2000cwa.googlegroups.com:

Xnews!. it's free! lee

Reply to
enigma

NewsRover has done me well for years now. Excellent reader worth a small price.

Mr. Bill

Reply to
Mr. Bill

Without Google Groups, Usenet would be much smaller today. Its imminent demise has been slowed (and perhaps reversed) by Google. When are the fanatics going to realize that it's the unsophisticated masses that determine the success or failure of technologies?

Reply to
MidnightDad

The message from "MidnightDad" contains these words:

and more civilised and literate.

Its

Google groups is by its very nature a temporary glitch to usenet; like acne and potty training.

When

Not in this case, since the unsophisticated masses do not pay for google groups, and they only use it temporarily. Either, those with lowIQ/short concentration span lose interest, or, brighter ones get frustrated by the deficiencies of google-groups and move to a newsreader.. IOW, google/groups is a flash in the pan that will bring about its own demise, like pyramid selling. Furthermore, the nature of google/groups portal service has severely reduced the interest and value of google as a usenet archive. Newsreader users were the people who most used that facility and when they no longer bother, my guess is that google will pull out of usenet altogether; no loss at all to newsreader users. Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough