I did it again(this one's for you, Cereus-validus)

escape expounded:

Yea, I think I'm going to have to investigate something like this. It's interesting getting older ;->

Reply to
Ann

Just try a hot flash in a down coat some winter morn.....

Cheryl Isaak

Things start falling off, sucking in. The soy isoflavones work remarkably well. The way they work, if you don't already know, is that they fit into the receptors the estrogen normally fits into. So, it fools the body into thinking it is getting estrogen. Now, it doesn't help bone density or the like, so you really should get a bone density test, if you haven't already. That way there is a baseline. I had mine and my spine is right on the line of being one click into osteoporosis, so I get calcium any way I can. Citracal or calcium citrate of any sort is easier on the system, I find.

escape

The message from Ann contains these words:

Prescription-strength oil of evening primrose is your friend, so ask your doctor. The dosage available over the counter in health shops isn't enough.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from "madgardener" contains these words:

No I wasn't. I gave my thermostat setting in F, because this is an American group .

We're used to each other. I was talking Fahrenheit, of course.Brits of my generation are bilingual in Fahrenheit (which is what we grew up with) and Centigrade which is what everywhere except America uses now.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from Ann contains these words:

I hate sleeping in a heated room and so does himself ..the heating goes off at night and we open the bedroom windows. Even in winter.

"Power"? !!!!!! That's not how I'd describe it :-)

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Yeah, and any day now religion will be running our country. Pretty soon, this will be almost exactly like Iraq.

escape

you on a summer's night, but damnit, I still gets the power surges...........and they wonder how I'm able to wear the almost sleeveless blouses, yet get cold standing in the doorway of the lumber department at the cash register and need my jacket like a light weight.............and when did I grow those old lady arms????? I remember these things on my Great Aunt Hattie Mae.............good gawd, I've become a plump Southern woman!!!! arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh(including the silly garden hat....................someone took a pitcher of me in one of me silly hats and damn if I thought I was looking at some relative...........old age AIN'T fer sissies!! maddie (where's Zhan in this frelling thread/tangent????)

Reply to
madgardener

escape

escape expounded:

You know, I was wondering if they really know what a baseline would be for everyone. I'm thin, I've got small bones anyway, and I've never broken a thing. I've got a friend who breaks bones if she looks at them too hard! I'm sure she's headed towards full-blown osteoporosis.

I will. Thanx!

Reply to
Ann

"madgardener" expounded:

As far as I know she is. I'd like to get to see her before she goes. She's actually not too far from me, down in Connecticut, last I heard.

Reply to
Ann

escape expounded:

Reply to
Ann

Janet Baraclough expounded:

That sounds interesting too, Janet, I'll check into it.

Reply to
Ann

She lives in Vermont for the last 30 years, I believe.

escape

Vitamin's D and C both aid in absorbing calcium. In fact, 500mg of vitamin C every day is great. You'll almost NEVER get sick. When you get the flue it'll only last one day as long as you raise your body temp which is the body's natural way to fight it.

I started off taking vitamin C at the 1000mg doses when I was 14. I've cut it back to 500mg at various times and I notice a definite difference in things when I quit taking it (I'm more apt to be affected by allergies, colds and other things).

I can't speak for the stuff listed at this site but it seems like a pretty good reference. If anyone sees anything on it that they disagree with perhaps they could post it and let us know whats up.

I've seen some calcium pills combined with zinc. According to the link above, zinc may interfere with the absorption of calcium.

-- Jim Carlock Please post replies to newsgroup.

Reply to
Jim Carlock

The message from escape contains these words:

Last time you mentioned a trip to Britain here on the group, you decided not to come in case Brits were all like me :~}

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

The message from Ann contains these words:

It's supposed to be an average based on age, adjusted for gynaeological and medical history, but I wonder how accurate it is. Last year, my GP medical practice took part in an osteoporosis survey on post-menopausal women. All patients over 50 whose "known osteoporosis risk factors" predicted possible bone thinning, were invited for a bone scan and the chance of preventive treatment. According to statistics, my combination of risk-factors anticipated a high level of bone loss.

Instead, the result showed that I've lost no bone density at all. According to statistics, my 58 yr old body is propped up on the rock-solid skeleton of an active 25 yr old :~}.

Janet.

Reply to
Janet Baraclough

Calcium citrate is Ca with vitamin C.

escape

They ARE all like you!

escape

The message from escape contains these words:

So you knew what to expect :-) If I'd known you were here I'd have invited you up.Where did you go and what did you do? This is my real email addie if you prefer.

Janet

Reply to
Janet Baraclough