Mini cacti & succulents *picture link*

My friend remembered that my favorite flower type plant for guys are cacti, so for my birthday she got me this small arrangement of 6 cacti and succulents! They are very cool. The care instructions say to fertilize sparingly (4-6 weeks), water when the soil is completely dry, and talks about good sunlight.

I'm curious how big these miniatures can grow to be if properly cared for. Do they have potential to grow much bigger, or are they really just small, short term gift ideas? They will be indoors for quite some time as they will be staying in upstate NY (under the care of the family when I move to Hawaii myself this summer)

Thanks to all that could offer any advice, see the arrangement here:

Brian

Reply to
Brian

In the middle on top is a golden barrel cactus. It has the potential to grow to be very large, up to 3 feet in diameter by 3 feet tall:

bottom left plant and the two plants on the right are not cacti, they are succulents. I'd recommend GardenWeb for ID's:

John Gotts