Hens & Chicks in stone wall

I have a large Hens & Chicks and I would like to move some of the small "Chicks" into cracks in a stone retaining wall. Can I just transplant cuttings directly, or do they need to be rooted first?

Thanks

Ed

Reply to
Ed

There are several varieties of hen & chicks, but most of them root readily. I have even found single leaves that broke off that have rooted in tiny spaces. So, I would think yours would root if you break off a good-sized stem and insert that firmly in the soil in the "cracks" you described.

MaryL

Reply to
MaryL