Help in removing Bouganvilla; do all roots need to come up?

I've got two Bouganvilla's that I'm (trying) to remove:) They're very mature; each has 6-10 two to four inch diameter branches, and some hefty roots, too. I've been digging out around them, and some of the roots go under my walkway, and possibly the foundation.

-If I cut the roots off where they go under the walkway, I presume they'll just die off?

-Should I be concerned with the dead roots attracting termites, and try to remove them?

-How important is it that I get all of the roots up?

-Would applying Roundup to the roots themselves help? Thanks!

Reply to
Jack