Holly infested -HELP!

BlankI have princess and prince holly bushes and was pruning them today and found scale on them! I didn't know scale liked holly. Is there any systemic type stuff I can use to put in the ground so I wouldn't have to spray them? Bonnie

Reply to
Bonnie

BlankIf you get it at the right time you can control the crawlers with oil, soap, etc. Possibly Neem depending on the type of scale.

Harder materials would be imidacloprid, orthene, Cygon, Dursban...not sure what is legal where you are.

Reply to
Mike LaMana

BlankThanks, I've heard and seen some of those in garden supply places, I'll check!