Hardy Hibiscus hasn't shown sign of life yet.

Hello,

I'm in zone 5.

I bought a hardy hibiscus (the lable said zone 5) from local nursery last fall, and planted it near a rose of sharon and a mini rose. The rose has bloomed. The rose of sharon has leaf in its lowe branches. There is no sign of the hardy hibiscus.

I want to plant another mini rose in its spot. But I don't want to kill my hardy hibiscus if it's not dead yet. How can I found out?

Thanks.

Reply to
Karen

I'm in the same zone and my two hardy hibiscuses (hibisci?) are about 4 feet tall but not budding yet. If you have nothing at all, maybe it's time to hold a funeral. Lori

Reply to
~Lori

Reply to
alice

Thanks all.

I dug it out. There wasn't much roots left. It was dead indeed.

I put a Heritage (AUSblush) in its place. Hopefully, it'll live longer than the hibiscus.

Reply to
Karen