Hibiscus and ramblings

Is there a secret to getting hihiscus seed to germinate ? I planted some a few weeks back and it hasn't . The seed came from the Ozark Seed Swap , and I have no idea how it was kept or how old it was . The Sweet Cicely (aka sweet root here) hasn't sprouted either , but it needs a cold period and I don't think it got that so I'll chill some this coming winter and try again next year . Or just look around in the woods and find some , it grows wild here . The other day while I was working on our new kitchen I noticed a nice patch of May Apples nearby , reminded me that now it the time to spot those and mark them . By the time they ripen the foliage is gone . I think my self-rooted rose experiment has taken , at least it hasn't died though there is no new growth yet . The tomato leaf I tried has rooted , but there is no new growth there , probably because I picked the wrong part of the plant to propagate . \ Everything else ('maters and peppers mostly) is ready to set out , just waiting for the last frost date to plant them . I think today I'll get the hot box cleaned up and repaired so I can get them all hardened off . Got black plastic out on the garden to kill the weeds/grass before i plant , to be followed with a heavy straw mulch to keep them from coming back . It never fails to amuse me that people complain so much about the explosive weed growth after they fertilize/amend the soil . I mean , weeds like all that good stuff too !

Reply to
Terry Coombs

Can't be much of a secret with all the info on the net:

Brooklyn1