Garden sheds

Morning all,

I have just moved into a new house and the garden shed is in a bad state of disrepair and I currently only being held up by the vegetation that has enveloped it!

Consequently I now need to get a new shed. My problem is that because of the way the garden has been created there is a little paved path leading up to the shed door which cant really be moved, so I need a shed that is approximately 8ft(L) x 6ft(W) with the door on the right hand side of the front of the shed. If it helps, I don't require any windows as I'm intending to cover it up with climbers and similar (I also don't want prying eyes looking in and eyeing up my bike and anything else we store in there).

There are loads of places that sell sheds that are the right size, just that the doors are in the wrong place!

Anyone had a similar problem that they solved?

Cheers

Andy

Reply to
andymurphy

If you can use a hammer and a saw, make your own.

50 mm x 50 mm sawn timber frames clad in 7 mm Shutter Ply. Covered, sids and roof with roofing felt Fix Plastic Covered netting to front, back and sides and grow things over it.

If you want a hand in design, measurements and cutting list give me an email.

Single handed and simple solution ....... and cheap AND, made to how YOU want it.

(THIS is my side of gardening :-))

Mike

Reply to
'Mike'

A 6' X 8' shed is pretty small, a very simple project to build it yourself. There are plans and kits available:

Sheldon

us without a building permit, there would be a fine and you probably would have to take down the structure.

Reply to
Billy