garden club

I am interested in starting a garden club in the San Diego area. I have a great way to get the word out but have no previous experience with garden clubs. How can we wean our way into being a club as we set out to be educated and have a fun time getting together?

Reply to
me

Look here.

Travis M.

Define the purpose of the club, and what activities will help you achieve the purpose. Do this before anything else, or the thing will fizzle quickly.

Reply to
Doug Kanter

There are some other clubs in your general area that you may wish to contact. You can find them listed at

on the Garden Clubs page. They are listed by state and city in alpha order, so you can find them quickly. If you haven't participated in a garden club before, you should get involved with a club to see what you like and don't like.

Have fun!

Reply to
raycruzer

That looks like an interesting site. I will have to check it out more thoroughly when I have more time. I just wanted to see if my garden club was listed, and there it was. I'll share it at the next meeting with the other members. Thanks

Emilie NorCal

Reply to
mleblanca

Anyone starting a new garden club can also ask the people at

to list their new club for free. This will help to recruit new members. They also give non-profit organizations devoted to gardening a free web page and sub-domain. Many garden clubs also offer scholarships to students, in addition to helping maintain public gardens, historic sites and parks.

Reply to
raycruzer