Fruit fly control

How do you get rid of fruit flies once they get inside?

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

put a bit of fruit at the bottom of a tallish container that you can put a top on. leave it open to the air. once in a while, walk up to it and see if there are any fruit flies in there. if there are put the top on. walk outide and release them.

change the fruit after a few days, make sure to dispose of it in a way that does not let any eggs hatch and start a new generation indoors.

fruit flies are not fast/strong fliers, often you can capture them out of the air by clapping your hands together at them or throwing a large towel over them, i used to harvest them and flies by dropping screens (for venus flytrap and praying mantis food).

songbird

Reply to
songbird

Traps. Various ways to make them. I like to nip the corner off plastic bag to make a small hole and then rubber band the bag to a jar baited with wine or cider vinegar and a piece of fruit. The corner that has a hole in it leads them down to the jar, but they will never find it as they try to fly back out.

There are other recipes for home-made traps on the web. You can buy traps if you don't want to deal with the aftermath or seeing the trapped flies and rotting fruit and have money to burn.

Reply to
Pat Kiewicz

Simple... clean your house, dump your trash properly, bathe every day. Mostly fruit flies don't "get" inside, you bring them in with produce... fruit fly larva is already in most produce you buy... wash produce as soon as you bring it home and as much as possible refrigerate and/or place in closed paper bags... and bathe often, really, fruit flies are very strongly attracted to a dirty crotch because fruit flies are incapable of ascertaining if food is going in or coming out... insist your wife and daughter bathe every day too... female crotches are more of an attractant if you get my drift.

Reply to
Brooklyn1

How nice to see your offensive vulgar personality again after dealing with you in the cabal foodie group.

I was in charge of breeding fruit flies for genetic studies in college. I cultivated them for several classes. I know about fruit flies.

I think you are the one who needs some cleaning.

Start with your mouth and go from there.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

You read my post a few days about about fruit flies.

Then WTF are you asking about how to get rid of fruit flies... you never went to any college, you're too dumb... lying douchebag.

Reply to
Brooklyn1