fORMULA 409 CLEANER AS A INSECTICIDE ON ROSES?

Just read the safety warning on a bottle of 409. It has the identical safety warning as the organic insect killing soap sprays I have.

Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

Mind if I ask how old you are? I'll explain after you tell me your age.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I'm over 21 and under 100. What has my age got to do with the answer to my question?

Reply to
Freckles

Because I can't understand how you came to the bizarre conclusion that identical safety warnings meant two entirely different products could be used in the same way.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Because IT CAN!

Look Formula 409 up on Google and learn something.

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

Then why did you ask?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

What words are you searching on google? I didn't find anything saying to use it in the garden. It will definitely kill some bugs.

Mycosimian

Can't you read? Try reading my post! If it's beyond your grade level ask your mom or dad for help.

Reply to
Freckles

What words are you searching on google? I didn't find anything saying to use it in the garden. It will definitely kill some bugs.

think I used "Formula 409+insecticide"

One person said their roses were being eaten up by pest until he tried using Formula 409 spray on them. He said it worked miracles and his roses are now looking great.

With only one opinion, I asked my question about Formula 409 on this Newsgroup. I was hoping for some useful information and all I've received so far, besides your question, is some juvenile delinquent playing like an ignorant whatever.

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

You ask a stupid question then flame the respondents. What did you expect?

Reply to
Frank

ect?- Hide quoted text -

Frank - It was a legitimate question, your reply was asinine!!

Reply to
hrhofmann

Frank - It was a legitimate question, your reply was asinine!! ===========

If 10 products all say "For external use only" on their labels, are these products all the same?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

The only question asked was:

Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

The question was about only one product which is know to kill insects as well as being a good cleaning agent.

In case you have forgotten, that question was:

Has anyone ever tried Formula 409 on their roses or flowers to see if it will kill the insects and not hurt the plants?

And it has yet to be answered.

Freckles

Reply to
Freckles

Thanks. We all saw the question. If you'd left out your REASON for asking the question, you wouldn't have started this mess. Your reason was silly.

Now, I'm off to scrub my kitchen sink with Lubriderm skin cream. It says "For external use only" on the label, and so does my container of Comet powder, so the two products must be interchangeable.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Here is an answer from a lurker. I have tried 409 mixed with equal parts of water and rubbing alcohol sprayed on orchids and it did not hurt the plants. It did kill some bugs.

Reply to
Patrick

"Patrick" wrote

Are you kidding or what... the alcohol alone, even diluted, would have killed some bugs. Naturally I don't believe you sprayed alcohol on your orchids, not if you know anything about plants, rubbing alcohol would definitely have hurt your orchids, rubbing alcohol (isopropyl) is the solvent for chlorophyll.

Reply to
brooklyn1

It is an incredibly stupid question. I have degrees in chemistry and have written more than a few MSDS's and labels. Warnings for totally different chemicals can be identical. This was the basis of his question which I note he has dropped further in the thread. Who cares if 409 works on plants? What about Windex or Murphy's Oil Soap? ;)

Reply to
Frank

Just have to hit them with it really hard ;O)

Reply to
Billy

Woo Hoo. Feckless is back ;O)

Reply to