Milorganite fertilizer as deer deterent

I read on the Internet that Milorganite organic turf fertilizer has a distinct odor that seems to deter deer. Has anyone tried it with any success? Is it only for lawns or can it be used in the garden too? I'll probably buy a bag to try it out. The deer have been visiting more and more, and like to chomp on my wife's favorite garden plants.

Reply to
tenplay

Disregard. I posted this message a second time because, for whatever reason, the first posting didn't appear for over 8 hours.

Reply to
tenplay