Shasta Daisies in Southern California

Today, I went on a wild goose chase.

I have some shasta daisies in my garden. They are a low-growing type and are completely hidden behind statice and penstemon. I want to replace them with some taller varieties, perhaps a mix 'Marconi' and 'Alaska'.

Neither of my two favorite nurseries have any selection. One had only more low-growing varieties. The other had one 6-pack not yet blooming; the pack itself was breaking apart.

Does anyone out there know of a nursery in the San Fernando Valley or Ventura County that has a good selection of shasta daisies?

Reply to
David E. Ross

Just a thought .

Bill

Reply to
Bill who putters

It was an interesting site. However, they don't have 'Marconi' (double flower). They also recommend planting shastas with peonies, which we can't go here because our winters are too mild.

I very much prefer seeing a plant before I buy it, which is why I'm asking about nurseries local to the San Fernando Vally or Ventura County. (I live on the border between the two.) I do mail-orders only when a plant is not available any other way.

Reply to
David E. Ross

Places I'd call for something a bit unusual.

Sperlings in Calabasas

Burkhart's in Pasadena

San Gabriel Nursery in San Gabriel.

I may have spelled some of those correctly.

Reply to
Charles