Flower ID help (Queen Anne's Lace?)

I think this is a Queen Anne's Lace. Can anyone tell if it is/isn't?

Matthew Reed

You can see the identify small rosy pink flower in the center of the umbel (flower head)

mle

Reply to
mleblanca

I saw that but wasn't sure. Most QAL that you see around here don't have that - it's usually black. I'll have to pay closer attention. This one was a volunteer that sprang up near my well pump. It grew so big so fast, and my kids love it, I didn't have the heart to pull it out :P

Reply to
Matthew Reed

Yes it is. Here is some info on what you have there: People can eat the large taproot, which of course, is a carrot. The leaves of the plant, though, are toxic, and may irritate the skin.

If you would like more info here is a good link:

Willy

the plant, though, are toxic, and may irritate the skin.

My wife loves QAL, so I stick a few carrots in the flower bed. This year I didn't plant any but some seeds must have come up from last year (I thought carrots were biennial.) One of the plants is almost 6 feet tall.

Best regards, Bob

Reply to
zxcvbob