Drowning houseplant

The SPCA would probably say differently about your mangy pets.

Sorry Hellion, you are so inept, you probably would screw up sex too.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

That would make you an arrogant pompous ass, John boy.

Why don't you and Hellion get together and have a whole new generation of idiot savants?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

IGNORE this guy. Do not repsond to him. People like this feed off of responces. IGNORE THEM.

Reply to
Tom Randy

Another imbecile heard from.

Completely clueless know-nothing morons like you butt lickers have absolutely no right to be such arrogant self-righteous ponces. Your over inflated egos combined with your abundant stupidity is exactly what makes you dim trolls so amusing in a pathetic way.

Dance clowns dance!!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

There you go Bob.

Good to know that somebody else knows he is dealing with idiots in this thread. No amount of advice is going to get through to Helene. Hand holding is a total waste of time.

Now we know that not only is Helene completely incapable of competently growing plants but also that those constantly off-topic trolls John Watson and Tom Randy encourage incompetence. Maybe they think that makes them look like geniuses by comparison?

Reply to
Cereus-validus

took me 3 months to hunt down karen. she bet me and lost, this is the only place she lurks now..she'll run from here now too..

bob

Reply to
bob

Know what you mean.

There seems to be a lot of deadbeat loose-cannons that like to haunt this supposed gardening newsgroup.

Too bad that many of these know nothings are arrogant egomaniacs too.

Ironically it appears that Karen just doesn't care!!!

Reply to
Cereus-validus

I've gotten a lot of good help here from others and once in a while I'll give some advice although I'm far from a master gardener. I know more about houseplants.

I have a tiny yard in back and just have 10 rosebushes. The trees from next door are getting huge and blocking the sun so I can't really grow vegetables anymore. I do have herbs on a little strip on the south side of the house and they do well. Some herbs that are thriving are thyme, lemon thyme, French tarragon and oregano. Rosemary didn't make it through a Colorado winter, nor did pineapple sage. Never ever plant a Russian tarragon. That thing is a monster that needs to be destroyed.

I had houseplants when I was living at home and I would water them, and without my knowing, my mom would water them again. Most of these over-watered plants died. And yet, with a dried-out, neglected plant, I can often revive it. But, my plants of preference are succulents.

I have no idea who this Karen is but I am a Karen, too.

Reply to
Skirmishd

Why did you tag on to this loser of a thread?

You should start a completely new one of your own.

At least change the subject heading.

I would not be the one to give advice about rose bushes because they are very high maintenance and take up space that can be used to grow much more interesting plants. If it were up to me, I would yank out all those cabbages on thorny sticks or at least severely cut them back. They flower on the new growth, you know. Ten are far too many for a small yard.

Herbs are by far the more practical to grow but I much prefer succulents as garden subjects.

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Darling, didn't you do that, too?

Yeah, I did, hon.

I did that, too.

These came with the house. Some of the flowers are very pretty, like the lavender ones.

The climate here doesn't allow me to grow succulents outside except for summer save for some hens and chickens in the front. We have one large maple in the front lawn and one large maybe mimosa in the back. It is hard to plant many plants here now. I have had luck with certain groundcovers. Vinca, sweet woodruff, moneywort. Oh yeah, and weeds.

Had any of you dealt with Altman's Specialty Plants? They were a succulent and cactus dealer and were sold to Scotty's and I can't find them online. I got a lot of rare plants from them in the past, I mean the

80's.

I don't have many fancy succulent plants now. I do have some "elephant plants" from a grower close by who sells plants cheap. Also from there a variegated jade. I also have an old "fingers" jade. A small, gem-like haworthia. A planter with a variety of crassula, rhipsalis and other items in the pot. Oh, that one called drunkard's dream, I think it's called Hatiora Salicorniodes or something. I love the succulents best but don't have the best southern exposure for them on my sills. I also liked the plants with caudexes or bulbs. That's why I love the bowiea and also the pregnant onion.

Reply to
Skirmishd

Altmans is strictly wholesale now. They appear to be in the process of updating their website at the moment.

out the Cactus Mall for your cactus & succulents jones.

Salicorniodes or

Reply to
Cereus-validus

Scotty's instead of them. Altman's catalogs were so fine with many excellent photos and great descriptions. Scotty's were cheesy but seemed to offer a similar selection.

I got such excellent plants from Altman's. Once in a while, if they had to make a substitution, I would get a personal note. Oh well, I'm not gonna open a plant store soon so can't go wholesale.

Reply to
Skirmishd

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Skirmishd) expounded:

Yes, but you did it by hitting Reply, and then changing the subject. That doesn't create a new thread. In the future just hit New Post or whatever the sorry AOL software uses to create a new post, and you'll get your own whole new thread.

Reply to
Ann