does anybody have experience with cutting branches on real tall trees???.

Its not hard to use rope and saddle to work trees. I lkearned from the fella who is probabaly the best dang arborist / tree climber in the world, Tom Dunlap. If properly tied in, the most yur gonna fall is no more than 12 inches or so, but odds are its rare to evcer find a lot of arborist tied in properly with all the slack removed, cept the amount needed to work. Taking limbs out of trees way up there is a iece of cake , and certianly not hard, but it does come with a price when yu figure in what it cost that arborist for insurance/bonding/equipment/ and a while host of other expenses.......While I do not do it for a living, I am well versed in ropes and climbing as well as arborist work......and do not recomend anyone without proper instruction and proper equipment to even attempt to use ropes and harness they may find around to climb trees......The ropes are not the typical rapelling grade or rock climbing grade, they are an arborist grade and for good reason.........same for harness (Sadle)........Spikes used only for complete tree removals, as all they do is injure a tree...but then if yur not caring thats business for later date. I learned to do the work since I have over 500 acres and lots of huge tall oaks and pines and I enjoy going out after hurricanes and helpong where I can help and make a few extra bucks here and there, but its not what I do or really would want to do for a living......

On Fri, 2 Jun 2006 11:02:18 -0700, "Warren" wrote:

Reply to
RTJ

At a friend's house, they hacked the tops off 5 large pine trees. Talk about having absolutely zip for tree knowledge. That blunder ended up costing the company many thousands of dollars. The friend didn't even have to take them to court. Three supervisors stopped by, took a look, and said "Oh shit. Just get them replaced and send us the bill". Do you know what it costs to install trees as big as the Christmas tree at Rockefeller Center? :-)

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

I know how to cut branches on fake tall trees.

;-)

Reply to
Travis M.

Get a professional to do it. Seriously.

Reply to
Johnny Borborigmi

Mark, considering all the other questions you've asked in this newsgroup, I have to ask the following :

Do you have a public library available? What is the name of the library? I don't mean the "Helen Toodaloo Memorial Branch Library", but is it part of a larger public system that has a name? I'm asking because the best thing we could do for you would be for us to search your library's online system, if one exists, and recommend some books for you. You're trying to obtain many years worth of knowledge in a week. It can't be done. You need to consult books from various authors, see where they agree and disagree, and draw your own conclusions. Gardening and managing property is like going to college forever. There's no way around it.

By the way, how big is the branch you want to cut, and why do you want to cut it?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom