Deer Vent

Wolves and coyotes WILL kill dogs, yes.

Reply to
SVTKate

: >> Northern MN, my original home, had a reasonable balance. We had a number : >> of pack of timber wolves in the area that made Bambi their main food : >> source, : >

: > Will timber wolves eat dogs, too? If so, I'd like to borrow a couple. : It's interesting that you should ask, for they certainly do eat dogs. People : in our town were warned to never put their dogs out on a leash in the : winter, particularly after dark (arrived at 4:30 in December) after a number : of dogs were taken, killed, and eaten by wolves. Some friends of ours who : live in the country had a springer spaniel bitch killed this past winter : when she was allowed out after dark to use the facilities. I felt really : sorry for them, but they were also Bambi lover who fed deer in the winter, : which in turn attracted the wolves to their area. I'm sure they would be : happy to share some wolves with you. Of course, it would be your : responsibility to catch and transport them. :-) : : JPS : : Our neighbors just down the road had a dog that barked all the time. BUT he wasn't a bad dog he just barked. They finally tied him to a tree, and left for the weekend with the parents who live next door to dog sit.

The coyotes got him. The saddest damn thing I think I have ever heard. MY dog, when I was a little Kate was killed by 'yotes too.. but she wasn't tied up.

Kate

Reply to
SVTKate

Scramble up some eggs, leave raw, let set a few days to ripen, put in a spray bottle and spray everything in site. The deer will steer clear. Works for my mother-in-law. OMG does it ever stink! Must be reapplied after a good rain.

Reply to
Anna

It keeps mother-in-laws away too!?! Cool.... Murri

Reply to
Lady Blacksword