Darn Squirrels

They're lucky they're cute.. Darn squirrels, just found they been munching on my new riding mower seat.. Luckily it's the molded foam kind so beyond making it look bad it's an easy fix with a light coat of silicon.

Darn things, took chunks out.. *mutters*

hurmpf!

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

You won't think they are so cute when they go after the mower's wiring ;)

Frank

Reply to
Frank

They are gathering nesting material so if you provide them with it they will usually leave things alone. I put out cotton batting, Spanish moss, shredded sheets I no longer use, and all I have to do is look up and I see their nests full of it.

Reply to
Jangchub

LOL.. I hadn't thought of that.. ;)

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

That's a good idea.. I'll see what I can dig up for them..

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

What a great idea!! Gives me a clearer target!! Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

One year the squirrels tore apart the cushion on my swing thing and it was so funny to watch her do it! I never replaced the cushion yet, so I leave it out for her to tear up every winter!

To my knowledge, squirrels don't tear up wire, raccoons do, but there is always a first. I also buy pipe insulation tubes for the squirrels and they love to put those up in the trees in hunks.

Reply to
Jangchub

Frank

there is always a first. I stick by my statement; squirrels don't tear up wire, raccoons do, but there is always a first. I didn't say never.

Reply to
Jangchub

Umm....the squirrels got into your garage? Or, do you keep this mower outdoors?

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Our power company spends lots of time repairing chewed wire. I know raccoons can climb easily, but I've never seen one AROUND HERE perched on wires.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom

Squirrels are the worst with wiring...more so than even a rat or mouse ever thought about being a problem with it. If I get a call and the problem described is chewed wiring it almost always turns out being a squirrel.

Lar

Reply to
Lar

Put some real hot dust around the mower. They don't like that.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

Pepper dust that is.

From Mel & Donnie in Bluebird Valley

Mel M Kelly

we left the new "yellow pages" out and the squirrels started gathering that too... as long as they stay out of our house, out of my flower beds, leave my fruit alone. but they wont I am sure. Ingrid

Reply to
dr-solo

Reply to
Jangchub

Righteous indignation? I've had my share of squirrel probs, but never thought to put things out for them at nesting time. I will make sure they are eco-friendly, biodegradable, and neutral in tone.

Couple years back, there was a shocking pink polyester nightie in the garage. Two windows were out as well as the door, door and one window now replaced, one to go.

Anyway, there was that pink nightie out by the lilac bush. I look out the window, "what the?"

So I went out and put it where the squirrels couldn't get it, in the trash.

Don't ask why the nightie was in the garage. It was my daughter's, I think. I do not want to know.

Presume it was a squirrel. Now you have me upset to think if the critter had been successful, I'd have to put up with that shocking pink blob up in one of my trees, and it would bug me no end!

Reply to
Hettie®

Outdoors for now till I get the garden shed built.. Garage is a workshop more than a place to park anything, no room by design.. House egressed into it.

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Oh come now.. You know they'd be the envy of their tree if they had a nice floral nest, or perhaps a nice bright red. ;)

See, now you just ruined their decorating plans. They'll have to go neutral now.. Oh well, helps nest resale.

LOL.. I'll refrain from asking.

Well, could always be worse. Could be in the tree and have sequins.

Reply to
Scott Hildenbrand

Oh...OK. Then, you explicitly requested the described result.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom