daffodil blooms that never open fully

i have a few daffodils in my garden that always get to that 'almost open' stage, then the blooms never open. It's as if the blooms are too heavy and their heads droop over. Any ideas?

Reply to
sarab

There may be moisture issues. Work in some bone meal for stronger plants.

Reply to
Phisherman

I have this problem with 'Paper White'. The buds die just before opening. Or they open to very stunted, deformed flowers. I have been told that it is too much shade, too little shade, not enough water, not enough fertilizer, etc, etc.

All my others seem to do very well, even the 'Mount Hood' growing right next to the 'Paper White'. Some have been blooming every year for over

20 years. Thus, I doubt all the suggestions. I think it is that the variety is not suited to my climate.
Reply to
David E. Ross

This seems to be a common problem with certain doubles. Too damp the bud rots, too hot it bakes. And if they do open, they don't last long because of high evaporation from excessive surface area. The shovel takes care of plants that don't do well in my climate...

Reply to
Ol' Duffer