Capiscum Spray???

Trying to dissolve capiscum pepper in a liquid to form a spray. Trying to keep rabbits from eating newly planted flowers in my garden. What is a good solvent? Water won't do it. Will this keep them from chewing on the flowers?

--Frank

Reply to
Frank Solis

Alcohol or whole milk. It's soluble in alcohols or fat.

Reply to
Ed Clarke

The rabbits will consider it a tasty salad dressing and come back for more. If you want to keep critters out, you're going to have to fence them out.

Reply to
Sunflower

Using your blender puree the peppers with IPA (isopropanol ) better known as rubbing alcohol. Now it seems most people are selling it as a 50% solution in water. Filter using a coffee filter and just squirt it on the plants. If there is some browning dilute the mixture 50/50 with water and spray. Now to restate the obvious, be careful about washing your hands before touching personal stuff. Use a lot of soap and water because believe me that damn hot stuff in peppers stays around for awhile and it will light you up.

Reply to
redclay