Rabbit eating datlilies

How can I keep rabbits away from the Daylilies?

John

Reply to
John McKay

Usually daylilies do not eat rabbits, but why are you worried about it? If the rabbits are dumb enough to come close enough for the daylillies to eat them, thats thier fault.

Toad

Reply to
Marley1372

Thanks, I guess I should have known!

John

Reply to
John McKay

Only thing I've found to keep rabbits out of anything, is rabbit fencing, put up correctly.

Diane

Reply to
DK

I have this cute little rabbit who sits five feet from me eating my ground covers. He or she particularly loves the Ruellia squarrosa and Calyptocarpus vialis aka horseherb. Both native, so I think it's all there for the bunny anyway. I hope the foxes in the backyard don't eventually find the bunny.

Bourne Identity

Thank you all for the Info. I believe Diane is right. A fence ot net may discourage him. Right now however he is remaining next door where my neighbor has lots of juicy and tasty vegies. Normaly rabbits in our neighborhood fall prey to Red Tail Hawks. This one is a bit shrewd and enjoys devouring plants.

Reply to
John McKay

This spring I used Bloodmeal on my tulips which the local rabbits ate back to the ground last year. This year, I layered on the blood meal nice n' thick and there were no problems. Not one bite. That might work for your Daylillies and it'll feed 'em too!

Jen in Chicago

Reply to
jennifer.j.jones

Reply to
John McKay

Sheesh, and I didn't know that daylilies ate anything! Guess I'm way out of the loop!

Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O

Something else that also works -- usually -- repellant products containing the active ingredient Thiram, a fungicide. I suspect it's more deterrant than repellant, as it's reported to smell like rotten eggs to critters which may interfere with their sense of smell and keep them from smelling (finding) desirable plant material. Same deal with moth balls (napthalene), tho I'd be cautious about using it around vegies or anywhere accessible to pets and/or kiddles.

Suzy O

Reply to
Suzy O

You are just a cacophony of information, aren't you? Geeze. Just put a hot pepper in the blender with water and spray it on the plants you don't want the rabbits to eat.

Here I am all thrilled to have a bunny who found my garden. She/he sits there all cute eat>Something else that also works -- usually -- repellant products containing

Reply to
Bourne Identity