Can Bedding Plants be Planted Now?

I am just beginning to get into gardening, and have bought a load o

bedding plants online from a great website calle

Am I safe to plant these outside yet, th weatherman is staying we may get some ground frost still? Dont wont t waste my money and lose these bedding plants... Any help appreciated. Cheer

Reply to
Tashlow

Find your average last frost date. Planting soon after that date is recommended, but there's no guarantee. I put out the less-sensitive plants that I can cover/protect easily, then finally put out tomatoes, peppers, coleus, etc. I used pots, buckets, and old bed sheets when we had frost warnings. I did this once this year, and as it turned out there was no frost. Our last frost date was April 15, but it dipped into the upper 30's early this morning. Last week we had

80-degree temperatures. Serious gardeners watch the weather, and some are obsessive about it.
Reply to
Phisherman

Where do you live? Your question can't be answered without that information.

Reply to
JoeSpareBedroom