Can anyone ID this insect for me?

These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin, Texas yard and garden since last Spring. Anyone able to ID for me?

austin

Reply to
Mack McKinnon

The insect is a box elder bug (most likely) and definitely a Hemipteran. Google box elder bug and you'll get a ton of info - they are real common.

Reply to
Mike LaMana

They do look like box elder bugs. And the red nymphs, which I have seen plenty of, look like box elder nymphs. But the adults look more like squash bugs. One or the other, not sure which.

mack austin

Reply to
Mack McKinnon

:) These critters -- about half an inch long -- have been all over my Austin, :) Texas yard and garden since last Spring. :) Anyone able to ID for me? :) :)

:) mack :) austin :) You might try looking up Bordered Plant Bug. They can be found around cotton plants and mesquite and will accumulate in numbers like box elder bugs are known for.

Lar. (to e-mail, get rid of the BUGS!!

Dancing dog is back!

Lar