"Buddah's Lantern" question

Hi, all. Whilst in Busch Gardens in Tampa Bay, FL, I came across a tree to which the horticulturist on duty ascribed the name "Buddha's Lantern". He also gave it some technical term which I do not remember. Does anyone have a familiarity with this plant, and if so, do you know where I can obtain information on ordering one, or getting one in the Central Florida area? Any help would be much appreciated, as this was a truly gorgeous plant. Thanks.

Reply to
PATRICIA RIDDER

There is a tree native to South America that is commonly called a 'lantern' tree, Crinodendron hookerianum. Have never heard it refered to as "Buddha's Lantern', but who knows?? Check here:

- gardengal

Reply to
Pam - gardengal