Tampa FL crabgrass what to do?

I have about 60% crabgrass (patches) where I mow and the rest Bahia. Tried the crabgrass preemergent for 3 years in Feb/Mar but it still keeps coming back. I am interested in seeding some Bahia. What can I do and when should I do it? Thanks Greyhound

Reply to
Grey-hound

You're most likely applying the pre-emergent too late. I'm in the San Joaquin Valley in CA and ours has to be applied in January since it warms up so early... I would think your area warms up sooner.

Here's some info on crabgrass from UC Davis

know the summers here are hotter (according to your city website) but you win with the rain. We only get 5" a year. You have to maintain your turf at the appropriate height, mowing weekly, fertilizing correctly, etc. An unhealthy turf is prime for weeds. Easier to say than to maintain.

Reply to
Nicole