bindweed and strawberries

I created a small bed (2'x24') for strawberries. I put landscaping fabric down and then about 4 inches of mulch. My strawberries are coming up fine but so is the bind weed. I haven't found anything such as Roundup that I can spray on the bindweed without killing the strawberries. I've been extremely carefull about pulling the weeds around the strawberries due to not wanting to damageing the strawberries. Does anyone know of a better way or something that will kill the bindweed, but not the strawberries.

Thanks. (FYI - Zone 5-Denver)

Reply to
Robin Ellzey

I killed a bindwind by trying to make it into a houseplant.

To keep it away from the strawberries you could always try scissors. Might actually kill it eventually, but will take awhile.

Janine

Reply to
jrstark

Hand-pulling is about it. If you keep at it diligently for a couple of years, the strawberries will then crowd out everything else.

Chris Owens

Reply to
Chris Owens

I agree. Colleen zone 5 Connecticut