big yellow bearded irises

I have seen these in the 'hood but dont know good place to buy, not too expensive. anybody have any links? Ingrid ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo

I have 'Gold Galore', which grow to about 3 ft tall with large yellow flowers. The rhizomes are generally available in nurseries the end of summer or beginning of fall.

They should cost less than $10 per rhizome. However, since they should be divided every 3-4 years about the same time they appear in nurseries, you might ask a neighbor for some.

You should plant 3 in a triangle. See my .

Reply to
David E. Ross

I bought yellow bearded iris at Lowes a few years ago, they were inexpensive... they multply quickly.

I took this picture last week:

brooklyn1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Somewhere between zone 5 and 6 tucked along the shore of Lake Michigan on the council grounds of the Fox, Mascouten, Potawatomi, and Winnebago

Reply to
dr-solo

If you know the people in whose yards you've seen these, ask them if they divide them frequently and if so, will they share.

We have a long bed of iris along our front walk and have often given extras away. We had all kinds of colors but the yellow and purple old varieties seem to do well and outlive the fancier colors.

gloria p

Reply to
gloria.p

Remember that irises need a lot of hours of sunlight.

gloria p

Reply to
gloria.p