Attn: Ann...Is This Close to Your Recipe

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 06:31:45 -0400, Ann in a.b.p.g interested Charlie with this yummy bit of info:

Yes, I've heard of doing that, but I don't, I want every single bulb > I do, however, harvest the scapes and make a wonderful garlic >pesto with them (now where'd that recipe go???)

Does this sound anything like what you do?

if not, this sounds darn good to me.

I am *so* unlearned about so many things...I didn't know about the apparent culinary delights provided by scapes. Thanks for the lesson!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Oh my word that sounds awesome.... C

Reply to
Cheryl Isaak

Charlie expounded:

Oh yea, that's it! It's really garlicky, but mild, in a way (well, I really love garlic, so YMMV!). I can't wait for this season's harvest.....

Reply to
Ann

MMMV?? I doubt that! This is the guy who eats, daily, at least half dozen raw cloves, straight up, baby! Blood pressure benefits. Spousal and grandson detriments sometimes. ;-) But I think I can glom what you mean about a big garlic taste without the *huge* garlic thing.

I love garlic. I can't wait to try this recipe. Again, thanks for the pointer, Ann.

Next year I am planning to plant several of the varieties from seedsavers, this year I simply planted what I have been buying, and liking, from the local market. No clue what variety for sure.

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Doesn't it?

Are you as hungry as I am? I can hardly wait for really squeaking fresh produce.....oh lordy, a fresh salad, fresh enough it is still talking, with the aforementioned pesto on toasted sourbread, with a bowlful of french breakfast radishes on the side......

Cripes, we can't even get spring thru the door yet! I have radish and lettuce and spinach and chard and, and, and, and all sorts of seed in line at the door just waiting to jump in the beds!

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

Hey Charlie, count your blessings. It is snow here as I type.

Cheryl Isaak