Are there any other good garden news groups?

My ISP is filtering out virtually everything posted to rec.gardens so I am looking for another source of garden related info. Are there any other garden discussion/news groups that are not clogged with span and morons?

-=beeky

Reply to
beeky

Perhaps what you need is a different news service.

Bill

Reply to
Bill

If you are really with "bellatlantic.net" now known as Verizon they are

*not* filtering newsgroups.
Reply to
Travis M.

Not too many choices of usenet groups to my knowledge. There are a bunch of Web Forums. Gardenweb seems to be one of the most active, with very many garden type specific categories. Pretty decent place to go, **IF** you don't mind all the cookies that get set on your computer, and the pop-ups that keep nagging at you for one thing or another. The list of subject topics is here:

Reply to
newsreader

Travis, are you sure? What else could account for a dramatic decrease in message volume?

--beeky

Travis M. wrote:

Reply to
beeky

You might check out

. It's moderated with rules,etc. and has some nice functions once you get around the 'old fashioned' feeling of the site.

carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

This group is not all that active really and now that it is getting into winter it will be even less active.

Have a look at Google groups and look at rec.gardens there and you will see that Verizon is not filtering.

Unless one likes spam it is best to munge your real email address. Something like this snipped-for-privacy@bellatlantic.invalid or "beeky at bellatlantic dot net".

Reply to
Travis M.