Arbor Vitae and Blue Spruce dying :(

Hi :D, I live in Zone-5 and have a perfectly beautiful dwarf variety blue spruce and 12 Arbor Vitaes. However, over the past few weeks they seem to have developed some thing that is drying up their branches (brown, NOT grey as yet; no sap; no fungus; or other problems). They practically look like they are being dried out to use for flower arrangements :( . Are there any suggestions on what could be wrong with them and how they can be fixed??

Thanx a whole bunch for your assistance. :D Sincerely, Munazzah

Reply to
Munazzah

You don't say what part of the country you live in, but in many areas spruce are being hit by both the spruce ips beetle and the white pine weevil. If your damage is occuring at the top of the tree or tips of upper branches, your may want to look for borer holes. Another consideration might be environmental problems that affect the roots. Are they getting enough water? too much water? close to pavement or structures that reflect heat? Soil compacted by traffic or construction? Just a few ideas. sed5555

Reply to
Sed5555

Thank you very much for your reply. I live in Zone-5, gardener talk for the Midwest. I looked for beetles and weevils, but there is nothing unusual with the trees other than they are drying up. Its probably the insane weather we have been having. Hope you have a wonderful day. If other thoughts occur, please let me know :). Munazzah

Reply to
Munazzah