Any good websites out there for seed trading?

I just wasted half a day running around to all sorts of stores, looking for Fall gardening seeds. You know, the types of seeds you can plant in August and grow in the Fall. I couldn't find a single mom & pop or even mega chain store carrying either vegetable plants or seeds. I was surprised, especially considering that right now is one of the best times to plant many of the vegetable plants that love cooler temperatures.

I'm done running around, since I was having absolutely no luck anyway. Instead, I'd like to find someone to trade with. This past Spring, I raised a crop of "Ziegler's Heirloom" lettuce, primarily for seed. This variety hasn't been sold in retail catalogs since the 1940's, and is hard to come by. It has good flavor, but goes to seed readily in hot weather. (not a problem in Fall) It was also known for excellent cold hardiness compared to other varieties. I already have plenty of seed for this one, and would like to offer this hard to find heirloom variety in trade for others.

Here are some things I'm looking for in trade:

broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, garlic, kale, kohlrabi, onion, pea, radish, rhubarb, shallot, spinach, turnip, beet, carrot, cauliflower, lettuce, parsnip.

I'm especially interested in purple kohlrabi and kale varieties. Thanks!

Reply to
slugbug

sign up at

, there are ways to trade seeds/cuttings as well as a listing of on-line dealers ranked by feedback/reputation.

Carl

1 Lucky Texan
Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan