amaryllis foliage dead help needed

Hi I need help.

First I don't know much about amaryllis. And I have one. The foliage all died last week. What should I do now? Because the bulb is still a light green.

How can I make alive again?

Please help dylan

Reply to
fanfaron

See:

Sed5555

I posted to "amaryllis" 9/21 and copied here.

We grow them in the ground here in Zone 8. But we also keep some in pots for winter blooming. After years of playing with the timing we've hit on a fairly good pattern. Grow them with lots of water and fertilizer until mid to late August. The number of bloom stems is directly related to the number and size of bulb scales added and therefore also to the number and good growth of leaves. We then dry them off completely until most foliage is dead. Then we clean them and divide if necessary (roots can live more than 1 year- remove only dead ones), dip in insecticide for possible insects; treat cut areas with powdered sulfur; dry some more; repot in barely most soil and don't water (you can mist some to prevent further dehydration if that seems to be a problem) until the tops start up. Some of ours are already sending up bloom stems and others have some new green growth tips. Most of ours go through multiple bloom periods this way without any further treatments. I know some people do what we do and then refrigerate to delay the bloom stem until the holiday season. Ours usually send up a second bloom stem around the holiday season, so why bother with the refigerator? Plus they have a lush green growth with the bloom instead of a naked stem. Dwarfs will flower when about 1-1 1/2 inches across but we've rarely had a full sized flower from a bulb less than 2 1/2 - 3" across (4-5" is better for full sized blooms). Hope this helps you. Gary

"fanfaron" wrote in message news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com...

Reply to
V_coerulea