absorbing pellets

I saw a commercial for yearroundtomatoes.com or something like that where you get a kit with absorbing little balls and you only have to water it every six weeks, you put it in a bag and hang the tomato plant up, I would like to try this without buying a $20 kit. Does anyone know what the this magic dirt is? Thanks, Ramey

Reply to
Green Giant

My guess is their using "soil moist" crystals. You can buy the crystals and try adding them to your soil and see if it works. Its cheaper than buying the kit.

Reply to
blumby

I *seem* to remember reading somewhere that someone used disposable diapers to accomplish this as well. They have moisture absorbing something in them and will hold a *serious* amount of liquid.

I think I will try this. Thanks for the prompt!

Care Charlie

Reply to
Charlie

blumby wrote in news:1180223998.311797.47480 @p47g2000hsd.googlegroups.com:

Coconut fibre holds a lot of moisture for a long time, too.

Reply to
FragileWarrior