A novice question

I just planted 2 wizard roses and 2 new guinea impatiens in my front bed. Someone at work told me that I would have to plant new ones every year. Is this true in zone 6? I guess it's not that big of a deal, just plant the 4 in the spring and enjoy all summer.

-Thanks

Reply to
Bernie

Why didn't you try the old guinea Impatiens instead?

Actually "New Guinea" Impatiens are commonly grown as bedding annuals and are replanted every year.

Reply to
Cereoid-UR12-

I don't know "wizard" roses, but roses survive zone 6 winters. This is not true of New Guinea hybrid impatiens. They freeze and will have to be replaced.

John

Reply to
B & J