a better grass edger design please..

It is hard to find a grass edger [not motorised] with the handles out to the side. The three I saw at the shop are each with handels in line with the wheel at the bottom and it would make so much more sense to have the handles out to the side ie. balance, more downward force ,etc...

Can a designer please consider this as now I will have to cut the one I have and rotate the shaft as I want it. I keep over balancing with the handles inline. That is I cannot position my body weight over the wheel if that makes any sense to a designer? More ergonomic if the handles allow me to grip sideward handles and push down over the wheel without having to twist my torso and end up losing balance.

Bunnings had a good design but...in no time it was sold out..it cost the earth..but it need not cost the earth. Just keep the old basic design and again - Handles to the side????

Reply to
brookus

I don't see how having handles to the side will be less fatiging, I think it would be more fatiguing... but, hey, no one is stopping you from swapping the straight wooden handle for a style you like... mine has two carriage bolts holding the handle, couldn't be simpler to change handles. But regardless, those manual edgers are not intended for jobs requiring more than like fifteen minutes, and they only work on even surfaced concrete with nice straight sides.... I use mine periodically for small touch ups on a a particular short concrete walk... for regular full blown edging I prefer a string trimmer... for edging blacktop driveways there's really no other way.

Reply to
Sheldon