Subject Author Posted Replies

Moonflower vine mutation. Help!
I`ve had a moonflower canopy in my room for about 10 months , and it was doing beautifully! Then one day it sends out a new shoot and the leaves are different. Normally they r the nice big heart...
4
4

Blueberries leaf/bud differently
Amici - I put in two blueberry bushes last year. Now they are moving into Spring. They are in large pots, getting plenty of sun & the right amount of water, receiving light monthly applications of...
5
5

Equivalents to Photinia Fraseria?
I am building a garden hedge, and I am considering using Photinia Fraseria. Are there similar hedges that have the interesting color variations in the leaves, as well as occasional flowers?
1
1

Does anyone know what this plant/weed is?
Hello everyone, I have three of these plants/weeds in my garden and am trying to find out exactly what it is. It has long red stems with leaves on opposite sides of the stem and has dark brown/black...
8
8

Composting: Cat Manure
Is there any reason not to put cat manure in a compost bin? Dick
7
7

Can someone offer me some advice with my garden?
Hi I was wondering if any friendly gardeners out there might be able to offer me some advice please. I am a complete novice and bought my very first house 2 years ago. The first year I spent doing all...
10
10

Mature Cherry Tree
Newbie here.....new to your site, and at gardening, so any answers, please don't make them difficult for me to understand, will you? I've just moved into a bungalow, with a very mature cherry tree, I...
4
4

Nature that Nurtures
Scientific American, March 12, 2012 p. 24 Nature that Nurtures Dismissed as peripheral to medical treatment for much of the 20th century, gardens are back in style, now featured in the de- sign of...

New member Introduction!!
Hello everyone, I would like to introducing to this forum, myself Dabney Walker. I am a regular reader to this forum. I found this forum very informative and interesting and gain more knowledge to...

What to do if you did spread raw manure in your garden
Hello all, I come to you as I have a problem. I tried to do good but I have done wrong. I did spread raw horse manure on my garden. This include the flower beds, lawn, the shrubs and even dig some...
15
15

Deer Fly
Can a deer fly... eat enough bird seed: flock: http://i39.tinypic.com/2uic9km.jpgThe http://i40.tinypic.com/25f0zh2.jpg
1
1

Help us design a Rotavator!
Hi all! We are a group of Product Design and Manufacture-students at the University of Nottingham, and our latest group project brief is to design an innovative rotavator. None of us have much...
1
1

How to grow tomatoes
A friend gave me this link to a Santa Cruz, California farm that gives very detailed advice on growing tomatoes. Though it's geared to California coastal, the advice can be extrapolated to other...
12
12

greenhouse help please
HI I am a florist and i want to start growing things like asparagus fern, gypsophilia etc, I am going to get a greenhouse to grow these in. Can anyone tell me the best one to get as i have been...
4
4

If you have squirrels stealing your bird seed this could be of interest
Squirrels stealing your birdseed? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270920257879&ssPageName=ADME:L:LCA:US:1123 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem
29
29