Subject Author Posted Replies

Visiting gardens in UK
Hello, I am from South Africa and have decided that not later than next year is the time l do what l've been dreaming about. Visiting Chelsea flower show. But not only the show, l want to visit some...
2
2

Tomato flavor
Did anyone happen to see an article in the NY Times, I think June 28? Title: Flavor Is Price of Scarlet Hue of Tomatoes, Study Finds. Interesting. HB
8
8

Could you design a garden for someone who hates gardening? Any ideas?
Hi everyone, After denying it for some considerable years I have come to the conclusion this year that I absolutely detest gardening. These past 2 summers have been the worst and where there was once...
11
11

Fushias
Hi all I planted fushias last year in a sunny stop and they were fine. I cleared away the dead wood in the winter and now one of the five is beginning to grow quite well but the other have sprouted...
4
4

Clematis advice?
Hi, I bought two pairs of clematis last year - viticella and andromeda. Both the viticella are growing up the trellis I installed very nicely and I have lovely red flowers on both. The andromedas are...
3
3

Simple plant identification appreciated
Hi all, These are fantastic plants in my UK garden but I have no idea what they are!; can anyone identify them for me please? thanks...
2
2

Pruning Mock Orange
My Mock Orange is currently in bloom, although the flowers are looking a bit sorry for themselves after all the rain. I'm wondering what to do about pruning this plant, largely because it has new...
3
3

help diagnosing the plant's disease needed
Hello Something has happened to our house plant... its leaves suddenly started becoming yellow - and very quickly the whole plant is becoming so. Just a month ago it was slowly having new leaves and...

Have I cocked up!
Hi guys, I have recently moved into a house with quite a large garden containing what can only be described as large weeds and nettles. As well as this there was also a strange sort of grass that was...
7
7

Banana peels and Coffee grounds on roses
I save coffee grounds from OP (along with my tea leaves) for roses and other decorative plants. He says banana peels are also good for roses. Trying to save myself misdirected effort, what is NG...
17
17

Are pollon beetles harmful to sunflowers?
Hello, I am successfully growing sunflowers for my first time, but have noticed some beetles on the opening flowers that look like pollen beetles. They seem to be eating the pollen and I was wondering...

Lavender seeds
Does Lavender produce seeds? My brother wants some of the Lavender I have in my garden. Could I cut some of the plant off from somewhere to grow in a pot to produce more plants?
2
2

chipmunks eating tomatoes
How does one keep tomatoes safe from chipmunks who love to eat them even before they start to ripen? The little buggers can climb anywhere.Was going to try small plastic bags around each tomato clump,...
13
13

Problem with sleepers
A few years ago we landscaped our garden and used old sleepers for a wall (4 high). Since then we've had a little boy and now realised that it wasn't the most 'child-friendly' wall. Every time he sits...
8
8

Help needed on gardening project! Turfing etc. Photos attached.
Hi there, we are working on our back garden and looking to get some grass grown for our kids to enjoy. As you can see from the photos the grass that is left is patchy and weed ridden, so we were...
2
2