Visiting gardens in UK

Hello, I am from South Africa and have decided that not later than next year is the time l do what l've been dreaming about. Visiting Chelsea flower show. But not only the show, l want to visit some open gardens. Hire a car and visit some small towns and gardens. Its been a dream of mine for many years and next year that dream must come true but l really need some advice as l dont want to do the tour group thing. Any advice will be welcome. Thanks

Reply to
Roselee

You can look here:

I doubt that next year's schedule is ready.

Also look here:

the time of the Chelsea Show, I would expect rhododendrons and azaleas to be at their best. Some of the larger gardens (eg Exbury) are renowned for their displays.

Reply to
Jeff Layman

The National Trust may offer the single largest list of gardens: but there are many more besides (e.g. Westonbirt Arboretum.) But distances are so small (for a S.African) that you seldom go wrong simply asking one gardener where she visits for pleasure.

Reply to
Don Phillipson