Subject Author Posted Replies

Dahlia query UK
A partial Ditto from me. I don't live in the UK or grow dahlias there either but I too wait for them to be hit by frost before I either dig them up and store over winter in sawdust inside a...
5
5

Decking
Hi, This is my first post of what I hope to be many... And am looking forward to learning along the way! In fact I have a load of questions to be fair but I'll keep it simple for now! Myself and my...
4
4

Help our school garden- click and like!
***FINAL PUSH, contest ends TODAY, @ 5pm. The students at Bradley International School in Southeast Denver are in the running for the $500 grand prize in the statewide #PlantSomethingCO contes t. We...

aphids on tropical milkweed
We have a tropical milkweed that is frequently visited by Monarch butterflies. Wife picks the eggs off and raises the caterpillars in the house (safe from ants) and we feed them native milkweed...
4
4

Azalea - repeat blooming
Bought my first Azaleas described as "repeat blooming". Any experience out there? TIA HB
5
5

Bee "vaccine" helps food crops?
Intriguing article in Science Daily: How bees naturally vaccinate their babies Researchers discover process bees use to protect their offspring Date: July 31, 2015 Source: Arizona State University...
3
3

Life lessons from your garden?
Hello there, I'm a somewhat novice gardener living in the 'burbs of London, seriously at it for only a couple of years now, but becoming ever-more involved and passionate about plants and gardens. I'm...
1
1

Where to post a photo of a tree?
What binary newsgroup does anyone use for photos for identifying trees? I have used the online free sites, like tinypic, imageshack, photobucket, etc., and they are all too much effort and time to log...
8
8

Re: Crinum Not Blooming
... ah, when does it usually flower? i'd pick a week or two before the mid point between that and the next expected flowering. songbird

Mushrooms in new sod
I just had my backyard redone and I am attempting to do some gardening (I l ive in the SF Bay Area). I hope to be able to get some help in this group. I had a small patch of grass put down in my cat...
4
4

Japanese beetle traps - do they attract more bugs to your garden?
This year the Japanese beetle situation in my backyard here in SE PA is simply dire - I have just disposed of the nine's bag, which probably gets the total close to 12-15 pounds of bugs so far, and...
12
12

weed identification - southwestern Ontario stream banks
Sorry if too off topic - we have been seeing this tall weed more & more lately along the stream banks - I would like some suggestions as to its identification - I can easliy google your suggestions to...
2
2

potato bugs
would neem oil or Diatomaceous Earth be effective for colorado potato beetle?

First Pick
First pick of the season, ready to cook: New twins: New red maple 'October Glory': New Tulip tree: Giant puffball appeared this morning: About 8" across, I named it 'Devil's Penis': Sorry for poor...

Can you identify this tree?
Hi All, can anybody help me to identify this tree please? I think it may be some kind of birch, but if it is, I need to find out which one, so that I know just how much bigger it is likely to get....
3
3