Subject Author Posted Replies

Terrarium plants?
Perhaps this is OT but there seem to be no terrarium newsgroups in English. Can anyone suggest a plant(s) for a small - cubic foot or less - terrariums. I have a book but it concentrates on air plants...
4
4

The California Drought
As of 1 November, the 12 "key reservoirs" in California held only 23% of their combined capacity. The average content as of that date is 56% of capacity. At this time of year, the reservoirs are...
34
34

Hibiscus mites
I have a tropical farm with hibiscus hedges. I want to rid myself of Erinose mite without using pesticades. Any suggestions.
3
3

Beech hedge
Hi all, I've just planted beech trees for hedging in a double staggered row, they are around 4ft tall at present. I would like the final height to be around 6ft. Did I read somewhere I need to remove...
1
1

Re: Goodbye with mixed feelings
For someone who claims to be subsribed for as long as you claim you are demonstating an exceptionately shallow intellect... usenet is no different now from how it's always been. All anyone can hope to...
32
32

Your tax dollars at work
Whether you're a home gardener or just a food consumer, you might want to raise a little hell with the USDA for trying to shut up a whistleblower who exposes the danger to bees posed by certain...
1
1

Soaker or Dripline hose?
Really tired of cheap soaker hoses that spring leaks or don't convey water all the way. Use for straight 50' line of roses. Looked around on-line and became curious if -- in similar situations, e.g....
3
3

Compare Prices on Garden Supplies CAREFULLY
Today, I went to buy gypsum to apply to my clay soil before the winter rains begin. While I never buy plants at a hardware store or lumber yard, I do buy tools and supplies at such stores. I went to a...
7
7

Redwood vs clay planter?
I need to repot a young pomegranate tree; planter cracked. Not ready to put it in the ground yet; maybe not at all; depends on redesign of area. Very large planters are pricey, so wondered if large...
6
6

Dog Doo problem
Dog leaving smallish black doodoo in same area for years. Dunno how he/she/it gets in. Area is not planted, no grass, can be treated mean. At this site various homemade repellents are described:...
14
14

Fall Foliage
I planted this Sugar Maple three years ago: I planted this October Glory Maple this summer, has stunning color: Falling leaves: Sorry for the cloudy day but it's been raining here in the Catskills,...

Boring, But
7 AM/27ºF frost this morning: Some of my tweets: Peppers N' Spuds waiting for eggs: Sugar maple has great color: Newly planted October Glory maple a stunning red: Falling leaves: Okay, now go back to...

California Drought
At the end of the 2014-2015 rain year (1 October to 30 September), 12 major California reservoirs held a collective content of 25% of capacity. Despite some rain in September, the reservoirs now only...
2
2

Horse Manure Question
spreading horse manure in my garden, should i till it into soil now?
6
6

HEBE
I am a big fan of Hebe, esp. "Wiri Blush". Have them all over the garden. Here's the weird thing, for example: Three in a bed; two will die and the other flourish. Has happened several times. They all...
5
5