Hibiscus mites

I have a tropical farm with hibiscus hedges. I want to rid myself of Erinose mite without using pesticades. Any suggestions.

Reply to
Malcolm Sanders

I know nothing about them and decided to google it up.

Found this interesting:

Guess all you could do is take the advice without the use of systemics.

Reply to
Frank

For mites I like to spray my infested plants with horticultural oil (commercial diluted per label or mix a cup of vegetable oil with a few tablespoons of dishwashing liquid and dilute this mixture 1:20) alternating with a mild soap solution (something like Lux Flakes 2 tbsp./L water) every 3-5 days for 2-3 weeks. Spray in early evening or very early morning and try your best to saturate the leaves including the undersides. Rinse plants vigorously midway between sprayings.

Reply to
Amos Nomore

another approach could be to go out and find a functioning ecosystem with other mites (some which are predatory upon other mites) and perhaps that can restore the area to some kind of balance? could also spend some time learning about mites and what it takes to keep a wider and diverse population of them happy and thriving.

i decided some years ago that spraying various things around may help for some applications but they may also cause more other unintended effects.

songbird

Reply to
songbird