Subject Author Posted Replies

Gardening tools storage problems..
Not much to set up but it looks almost too small for a ride-on mower... first big gust of wind will blow it away... hardly worth the trouble and expense to anchor it down. If all you want is something...
5
5

Questions on Marigolds and Fuchsia
Hello, Are Safari (yellow)Marigolds annuals or perennials ? Is inside O.K. for them ? Do they go dormant in the fall until the next spring, or... ? Same questions for a Fuchsia Plant ? Thanks, Bob
2
2

Mushrooms in planting containers
OK, so I have a pot filling up with shrooms. I just planted my cucumber seedlings in it a couple of days ago and today it is about 1/4 full of mushrooms. What's up with this? The planting mix is...
1
1

Arborvitae
is it okay to keep them in the containers they come in for long periods of time?. i bought one (6') last week and have yet to decide where to plant it...i know to keep it watered. thanks, cj
8
8

Mr Lincoln putting out weak blooms
Our Mr Lincoln Hybrid Tea rose has put out beautiful fragrant blooms for years. But it has gradually faded. It now puts out only small, rather shapeless not fragrant red blooms. Would appreciate any...
3
3

Reseeding lawn evenly?
If you reseed your lawn, what is the proper way to cover the seeds with a thin layer of soil so that the seeds can be kept moist and are not visible to birds? Last time I had the idea of seeding the...
2
2

How Cold Is Too Cold For Leaf Lettuce?
A week ago I planted some black seeded simpson leaf lettuce. As fate would have it, tonight they issued a frost and freeze warning for my area with temps. getting down to 29 F. My lettuce is about...
12
12

newly planted dual pear trees
i have two dual pear trees planted last autumn now the trees have many branch runners , branches from lower part to top , i am not sure whether i need to prune these back please can you advise.
2
2

Grass Seed
My bluegrass lawn here in the DC area sprouts seeds at the tips every year about this time. Is there a way to take advantage of these free seeds by letting the grass get a little higher between cuts,...
2
2

Lasagna Gardening In A Bucket
Lasagna gardening seems very popular these days! Why not in a bucket then? That will indeed be this years experiment for me. Last year I put a tomato plant in a five gallon bucket. It done well at...
9
9

New baby fruit on pomegranate (picture)
This pomegranate was transplanted into its current spot around the middle of 2008. It is starting to get baby fruit. Any worries about the yellowing of the tips of the leaves?
2
2

Overseeding my Lawn --HELP
Hello please forgive me ive been living in my house for 3 years now and not really bothered with the garden now ive got the urged to make it look good. Im am quit surprised how complex some aspects...
2
2

Help ID tree?
can hover the mouse over the photo and select original The second photo is a close up of the leaves showing the distinctive reddish area. I tried using tree identification web site but I can't answer...
6
6

steps in building organic garden
Here are the steps in building an organic garden: Step 1: Inserting the Rods Insert the raised garden beds hinge rod through both panels. On soft ground, use the long hinge rods and hammer them into...

SEEDS
Saw an ad on TV a little while ago... a lot of scare tactics about without this you're going to starve... I don't respond well to scare tactics. But they didn't offer a price on TV so I took a...
21
21