Mushrooms in planting containers

OK, so I have a pot filling up with shrooms. I just planted my cucumber seedlings in it a couple of days ago and today it is about 1/4 full of mushrooms. What's up with this? The planting mix is Sta-Green vegetable and flower planting mix. I thought these mixtures were sterilized. Is this a sign of something bad? I have no idea how the soil could have gotten inoculated with spores. The weather has been pretty warm and dry and not exactly good mushroom conditions.

Reply to
Paul M. Cook

Not to worry. The 'Shrooms are decomposers and will convert the organic material in the soil into plant food.

Reply to
Billy