Subject Author Posted Replies

Zuke leaves - update
Well the leaves continue to die at the crown although a couple very deformed ones have managed to survive. What I discovered this morning was the pot was crawling with tiny black flies. Must have been...
5
5

Ideas please
I have a long bed running down my garden which was previously used for fruit bushes. The bushes had some disease a few years ago and the soil needs another year to recover before being putting back to...

rats!
I seem to have a family of rats living under my shed, and this is freaking out my dearest wife! Is it legal to buy and use rat poison, or do you have to call in a pest control expert? Any advice...
33
33

the old sayings are true
a good site survey and some work with a dozer can prevent much later back breaking work. um, i wasn't here... :) this is my way of saying hello to the group, i've been enjoying the read through recent...

bulb storage
hello all, i'm trying to rescue a few tulip beds and will be redoing them from scratch this year, the bulbs that are already there i would like to lift and store, but i haven't done much with actually...
11
11

New information about using Roundup weed killer

Old type lawnmower with roller?
Looking for something like.. not so sophisticated, more like the push lawnmower my folks had back in the 50's, that had a roller and detachable box for collecting the grass clippings. It also had an...
1
1

natural Groundcover
Anyone have any thoughts about this... I have wild strawberries growing everywhere. The fruit is tiny and maybe 1 in 10 wasn't bitter, but not sweet either. Anyway just for the hell of it I started...
25
25

Making a calcium/lime/gypsum brew
I have a box of Fix-All wall patching compound. It is gypsum, lime, starch and some other inert ingredients. What would be a good formula for tomatoes? My tomatoes are growing very fast and setting...
8
8

1st Visit to rec.gardens - Landscape Software Questions
Hello Everyone, I looked everywhere on the internet and looked into newsgroups but I can't seem to find anyone that's familiar with landscape software. I tried to find comparisons and reviews on the...
1
1

Sand pit to garden
We have recently moved into a new house and have removed a substantial above-ground swimming pool. What we have left is an area about 10ft by 20ft which is a depression of about 9 inches below the...
9
9

Need advice - baby monkey-puzzle tree
Hey, I'm new to the forums :) Need some advice on a new tree that I baught today. I (probably foolishly) baught a what looks like a nearly dead baby monkey-puzzle tree. Ive been wanting one of these...
4
4

rainwater watering in small spaces
Hi. My first post! I live in a small cottage in a Conservation Area on the Channel coast. I have a couple of hanging baskets at the front of my house and they are sited next to a rainwater pipe. My...
1
1

'Marconi' Shast Daisy
I'm unsuccessful in finding 'Marconi' daisies in any local nursery. Does anyone know of a nursery in the San Fernando Valley or Ventura County (southern California) that has them? I really don't want...

Zuke's new leaves dying
As the new leaves emerge from the crown, they are nice and green but quickly the edges turn brown and then the whole thing dies within a couple days. What could be causing this? I read overwatering...
1
1