Subject Author Posted Replies

lilac problem - leaves drop off
hallo, my lilac is about 4 years old, had 4 super scented flowers in spring. now the leaves at the top turned brown and dropped off, trundling on towards the lower branches which still have some...
7
7

Meat for Pastys and the like
Brooklyn1 expressed precisely : No one wants to share your she-boon with you, Shelly.
51
51

wasp nest and Clorox
It's not a hive , it's a nest . Bees have hives , and they are made by man ... call a pest control place or use the raid - unless you get wild with it and spray flowering plants you have only a small...
11
11

Name of plant question
I would like to know the name of this plant: Please and thank you :) James https://postimg.org/image/ls6p91kyh/ https://postimg.org/image/ls6p91kyh/
6
6

Hayter 56 throttle control springs
Hi..sorry to ask.. first post!.. I have inherited a Hayter 56 mower with Briggs and Stratton which has been brilliant, but the throttle control doesnt work, only runs at one speed. I dismantled and...
4
4

How do I get my chayote to produce fruit?
Hello all, This is the second year of my chayote plant. Last year the vine thrived during the summer but produced no fruit. During the winter it simply disappeared. I assumed that it dies. Then during...
2
2

elderberries
In picking wild elderberries -- is there any way to do it wrong ? ie: damaging to the plants ? In the past I have just picked off the whole clusters and brought them home to clean. I wouldn't totally...

Ground cover for sand above drain field
Looking into the sedums, I see most are zones 4-9, and some are zones 4-10. So they may be a problem if you are down at the bottom of Florida. Also most are herbaceous. I see one that is evergreen....
8
8

No tipping policies
Don't ask and don't tell...little Brooklyn feller.
16
16

How to make the card waterproof?
Hi, I am growing a little fruit tree in my garden and would like to bind a paper card to the tree. My problem is how to make the card waterproof? Thanks alot for your advice.
9
9

Meteor Shower tonight
Gardening friends, this one is supposed to have twice as many as normal. The story is that the best time is after midnight, after the moon goes down. Best way is to lie flat on a lawn chair with a...
1
1

Canary Island Palm
I've got this canary island palm that came up wild near the property line. I didn't realize it would get so big so quickly. I'd like to leave it there,because it's a good divider between the yards...
10
10

Cherry trees blooming again?
This is weird. They blooms in April as usual, now starting to bloom again. Never seen this before. So Calif.
2
2

One more plant to identify
Here is another plant to identify: What I am wondering if it has invasive roots. I would like to take it our of the plastic container and plant it in the ground. If it matters, I am in San Jose...
1
1

Please help me identify the following plants
Hello all: I have three plants that I am trying to identify. Here are a few photos for them. The first one has leaves like a birch, but it is much taller. The second is a small plant with leaves...
5
5