Subject Author Posted Replies

seaside
Hello,, Last year my fig tree had an amazing crop this year I had loads of figs that all dropped off leaving me with just one that ripened fully. Now I have lots of figs on it again but obviously they...

Blueberries in winter
This is my first year growing blueberries. I have two plants appropriate for So. Calif. Coastal. Are they supposed to lose their leaves? Go dormant? Or just keep plugging along at reduced pace? One of...
1
1

Artificial Lawn
Hi, I currently have an area of lawned garden which doesn't get much sunlight and is more of a threadbare boggy mess at the moment, I have two young children which are getting to the age where they...
5
5

Rubber Mulch
Best Rubber Mulch offers you the highest quality rubber mulch products on the market today. Since our inception, we have provided superior service to our customers and have assisted them in achieving...

Black cherry tree
I have a very large black cherry tree that needs to come down. Does this have any lumber value? Maybe I can get someone to cut it down free for the lumber? Not? Thanks.
3
3

Plant bulbs now?
In the midwest, haven't had a freeze yet, a ton of rain lately and expecting low 30's in the next 7 days. Can I still plant bulbs? Hope so, I already ordered them. Thanks.
3
3

plant identification
Hello This is a first time for me to ask for a help to identify a plant in my garden. reason that i dont know its flower name is that i made it grown from the seeds i got a couple of years ago while i...
4
4

Tree removal
I've heard about ring-barking but that's a little too obvious for my purposes. How can I kill a small, maybe 2 year-old, tree surreptitiously in the dead of night. There's no surrounding vegetation...
9
9

cheap way of creating raised beds?
hello all, had such an epic day yesterday up at the soul patch but was going to see if anyone had any canny and most importantly cheap ideas of how to create large raised beds. i am thinking 2...
11
11

How long before a male holly starts producing pollen
I need either a Jim Dandy or Apollo "winter berry" holly (aka a male) to pollinate my new "Berry Nice" winter berry holly. The only ones I can find locally are much bigger than I can easily plant with...
2
2

My palm tree is infested, Urgent help pls!!
Hi all, Is this spider mites or what else could there be? I cannot really find any of the "webs" though... It is full of these, especially on the very low part of the stem, and some under a few...
2
2

hello from the soul patch
hello all, just thought i would say hello from our new gardening project called the soul patch based in stratford upon avon warwickshire. our online blog is here 'The Soul Patch Blog' ( you want to...
7
7

First proper garden - enthusiastic newbie - what are these plants?
Hi all I've just bought my first proper house with garden, and whilst I have no experience at all of proper gardening I'm really going to make an effort to get to know my garden and do it properly....
6
6

a level product design questionnaire
This is just a quick questionnaire about a solar powered watering system i am hoping to make. please just write your answers in posts. thank you for your time. 1. Would you consider purchasing a solar...
8
8

Identify this Tree
I wanted to learn what kind of tree this was because I believe my next-door neighbors are growing one or have allowed a volunteer to grow in their garden. Normally I would not be too concerned, but in...
9
9